Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth - May 7
Tuesday - 5/8/2012, 1:44am EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Roger Waldron &mdash President, Coalition for Government Procurement
Opening up communications between industry and agencies is the goal of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy's Mythbusters campaign. The latest round is out, and this time it's aimed at contractors.
Roger Waldron, the president of the Coalition for Government Procurement, joins In Depth to discuss his take on the second Mythbusters memo.
Click here to read the memo.
John Villasenor — Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution
There's a cyber attack war being waged on the nation's natural gas lines. Companies are being targeted by a spear phishing scheme and have voiced their concerns to the government.
John Villasenor, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institute and a professor of electrical engineering at the University of California, Los Angeles, joins In Depth to describe the new cyber attack, how federal entities can protect themselves and the government's role in protecting critical infrastructure from these types of attacks.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Also on the show:
Managing a small business that sells to the government may be more challenging with the budget tightening that's ahead. Francis Rose moderated a panel discussion at the ACT-IAC 2012 Small Business Education and Training event Monday morning about connecting small businesses to government. The panelists included Lesley Field of OFPP, Roger Baker of the Veterans Affairs Department and Krystal Brumfield of the Senate Small Business Committee.
Plus, hear the keynote address from A. John Shoraka, the acting assistant administrator of government contracting and business development at the Small Business Administration.
The ABC's of the TSP
Find out more about the launch of the Thrift Savings Plan's Roth option, from the team of experts at the National Institute of Transition Planning.
The Partnership for Public Service announced the list of finalists for its Service to America Medal awards. Click here for a full list of winners.
In Depth brings you the latest cybersecurity and defense news. Below, find links to the stories mentioned.