Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Federal Drive interviews - May 7, 2012
Monday - 5/7/2012, 10:05am EDT
The Agriculture Department wants to modernize how food inspection is conducted. It especially wants to update how it checks raw chickens. But the proposed new rule has opposition. Last week we heard from an inspections union president who objects to the plan. Now we bring you the view of the USDA. Almanza reviews how things work now and what the new rule would do.
You have no doubt heard of the Emmys and the Grammies, but what about the Sammies? That's the Service to America Medal, and it's awarded once a year to federal employees who go above and beyond the call of duty. Last year's Sammie went to the NASA team that helped free the Chilean miners. Finalists for this year's award were announced this morning.
Ed Zurndorfer — registered employee benefit consultant
The Roth option for the Thrift Savings Plan rolls out today for most agencies. The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board has been preparing for the new program for two years now.
Devon Hewitt — lawyer at Protorae Law
The Booz Allen office in San Antonio narrowly escaped debarment last month after it unethically acquired and circulated non-public information. Hewitt recently wrote on her blog about how the incident is a cautionary tale to all contractors wanting to avoid suspension and debarment.
More on Federal Drive