Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - July 26
Friday - 7/27/2012, 1:53am EDT
Ted Jung — Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems, Naval Sea Systems Command
The Navy makes heavy use of electromagnetic waves. Whether it's a 60s-era Slick-32 or a high-powered microwave, the Navy relies on its acquisition community to keep its technology costs down.
Ted Jung is the technical director for surface electronic warfare for the Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems at the Naval Sea Systems Command. Jung was one of the winners of the Naval Acquisition Excellence award.
Jim Lewis — Director and Senior Fellow, Technology and Public Policy Program, CSIS
Years of debate and compromise on a cybersecurity bill in the Senate are close to culmination. The Senate is close to voting on a bill that's a combination of several pieces of legislation from several different committees.
Even if the Senate does pass the bill, "what comes next" isn't entirely clear. Jim Lewis, the director and senior fellow of the Technology and Public Policy Program at the Center For Strategic and International Studies, joins In Depth to discuss how the bill will likely fare in the House.
Senate advances cyber bill (related story)
Robert Goldenkoff — Director of Strategic Issues, Government Accountability Office
You and your federal colleagues make a lot more — or a lot less — than your counterparts in the private sector.
It all depends on who's analyzing the numbers and how they're doing it. A recent Government Government Accountability Office report found that widely divergent research and reporting methods across a half-dozen different studies make it difficult to generalize or made decisions about future pay adjustments.
Robert Goldenkoff, a director of Strategic Issues at GAO, joins In Depth to discuss the implications of the report.
Federal pay statistics are easily manipulated, GAO reports (related story)
Also on the show: