Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
TWD & Associates's Larry Besterman on converged IT infrastructure
Thursday - 7/26/2012, 8:53pm EDT
Larry Besterman, the president and CEO of TWD & Associates, a small business systems integrator, joined Industry Chatter for a discussion of how and why agencies are turning to technology, such as cloud computing, to save costs.
In particular, many agencies are looking to collapse their voice and video infrastructure onto their IP networks, Besterman said, with the aim of creating a converged IT infrastructure.
From his official bio:
|Larry Besterman has been the president of TWD & Associates, Inc. (TWD) since 2003 and in January 2008 became the company's chief executive officer. Prior to assuming the position of president, he served as TWD's chief financial officer.
Under Mr. Besterman's leadership, TWD has enjoyed significant growth as measured by an increase of more than 150 percent in revenue, attributable both to acquisitions and organic growth. During this time, the company has expanded its capabilities from traditional telephony, VTC, and LAN-based IT services to include advanced digital voice and video solutions, virtualized IT environments, and cybersecurity. Mr. Besterman completed a restructuring of the company in early 2012 that provides a platform for continued technology development and growth at TWD.
Mr. Besterman has more than 28 years of experience supporting and providing oversight to contracts for professional management and technical services to the Federal Government. His technical expertise and experience are in the financial management of complex government acquisition and life cycle support programs. His focus and commitment always have been on surpassing customer expectations for service, consistent with a high level of professional ethics and compliance with contract requirements.
Mr. Besterman received a bachelor of science from the United States Military Academy and a master of business administration in finance from George Mason University. Prior to joining TWD in 1993, Mr. Besterman served in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and worked in the government contracting industry as a consultant and program manager.
Mr. Besterman serves as a member of the Professional Services Council (PSC) Board of Directors. In his role at PSC and through other affiliations, he seeks to raise awareness of the business challenges facing mid-sized government contractors and advocates for acquisition reform by participating in panel discussions sponsored by the Congressional Smart Contracting Caucus.