Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth interviews - July 16
Tuesday - 7/17/2012, 1:27am EDT
Dorine Andrews — Chief Information Officer, Peace Corps
Changing culture at your agency may be an even bigger challenge than changing process or policy. Dorine Andrews had to do it right away when she took over as chief information officer at the Peace Corps in August 2010.
Andrews is one of Federal News Radio's 2012 Causey Award winners for excellence in human resources. She discusses what it takes to drive successful culture change at her agency.
Learn more about her nomination.
See the full list of Causey Award winners.
Richard Boly — Director, Office of eDiplomacy, State Department
Every agency wants to improve how its employees communicate and collaborate. The State Department, in particular, has employees around the world that it needs to connect, and it's doing so using new media and technology.
Richard Boly, the director of the State Department's Office of eDiplomacy, helped design the system. His efforts have garnered a nomination for a Service to America medal.
Click here to see all the 2012 Service to America Medal nominees.
Tom Karygiannis — Computer scientist, NIST's Computer Security Division
A step-by-step approach might be the best way for your agency to minimize security risks. A new set of mobile guidelines from the National Institute of Standards and Technology can help you take a step-by-step approach to security.
Tom Karygiannis, a computer scientist in NIST's Computer Security Division, discusses the mobile device guidance and how agencies can best implement them.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
David Powner — Director of Information Technology Management Issues
The Office of Management and Budget required your agency to migrate three technology services to a cloud platform by last month.
David Powner, director of Information Technology Management at the Government Accountability Office, discusses a recent GAO report detailing agency progress on the cloud initiatives. The report singled out seven agencies for making progress, but noted the common challenges they faced.
7 agencies make progress on implementing 'cloud first,' GAO says (related story)
Also on the show: