Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Annual cyber camp kick offs
Monday - 7/16/2012, 8:00pm EDT
Invited participants will go through four days of intensive training aimed at assessing and recruiting top cybersecurity talent.
Mark Weatherford, deputy undersecretary for the national protect and programs directorate at the Homeland Security Department said it is "essential" to develop a skilled workforce to defend the nation's networks.
Last fall, the Center for Strategic and International Studies, which found that less than 10 percent of the needed 30,000 skilled cyber professionals are currently in the workforce.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.