Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth - May 4
Saturday - 5/5/2012, 1:54am EDT
Bob Leins — Founder and president, National Institute of Transition Planning
The Thrift Savings Plan's Roth option launches Monday.
The new option allows federal employees to contribute after-tax dollars toward their retirement-savings accounts.
Bob Leins, the founder and president of the National Institute of Transition Planning, gives In Depth with Francis Rose a preview of what to look for.
Capt. Bob Sanders — Base Commanding Officer, Naval Air Station in Jacksonville, Fla.
Capt. Sanders accepting the Installation Excellence award.
The names of the winning bases in the 2012 Commander in Chief's Annual Award for Installation Excellence are out.
One of the five bases to win this year is Naval Air Station Jacksonville Florida. Capt. Bob Sanders, the base commanding officer discusses the award.
Click here for a list of full winners.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by United Health Military and Veterans Services. For more defense news, click here.
Brendan McGarry — Reporter, Bloomberg Government
Of the 300 military contracts awarded last month, the Air Force's April 16 award for network equipment was the most expensive, Bloomberg Government reported.
But the service has decided to reopen negotiations after it sustained bid protests on the contract from a dozen losing bidders, reporter Brendan McGarry wrote.
Also on the show:
Federal News Countdown: Shared-services strategy and cybersecurity bills
Dan Chenok, with the IBM Center for the Business of Government, and Karen Evans, the former E-Gov administrator in the Office of Management, count down the top federal stories of the week.
Plus, Interviews with:
- FDA Commissioner Margaret Hamburg
- National Archives and Records Administration
- National Treasury Employees Union.