Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
OPM's Foley details "Results Only Work Environment"
Wednesday - 5/5/2010, 7:25pm EDT
"In the effort to attract and retain a new generation of federal workers, what can the federal government offer beyond a steady paycheck and good fringe benefits?
"That was the main question that the Senate Subcommittee on Oversight of Government Management and the Federal Workforce sought to answer in a Tuesday hearing on work-life programs.
"The subcommittee, which is part of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , discussed at length work-life initiatives like expanded teleworking, and wellness program, to provide more incentives to those contemplating a federal career.
"But most of the attention at the hearing centered on the Office of Personnel Management's new 'Results Only Work Environment', or ROWE, pilot program. The program was announced last month, but yesterday, Jonathan Foley, senior advisor to OPM Director John Berry, revealed for the first time some of the finer details of the new pilot program, also known as the workforce flexibility initiative."
Today we played highlights of both witness panels of the hearing, including testimony and questions from all of the participants. The hearing's first witness panel included Mr. Foley and Dr. Cecilia Rouse of the President's Council of Economic Advisors. The second panel featured Kathleen Lingle, Executive Director of the Alliance for Work-Life Progress at WorldatWork; Max Stier, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Partnership for Public Service; Colleen Kelley, National President of the National Treasury Employees Union; and Joe Flynn, Vice President of the American Federation of Government Employees.