Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
GSA Administrator Martha Johnson kicks off IRMCO with a bang
Thursday - 4/15/2010, 6:50pm EDT
"The General Services Administration is doing a top-to-bottom review of how they measure whether or not they are meeting their mission.
"GSA Administrator Martha Johnson says senior officials will be heading off-site in May to do the analysis and come up with new metrics that focus on transformation and capacity building.
"'We have hundreds of measures right now,' says Johnson in an exclusive interview with Federal News Radio after her speech at the IRMCO conference. 'We will figure out the ones that will take us forward. We don't want measures that are focused on inspection, but ones that will motivate our people and point us in a better direction.'
"Johnson couldn't say how many metrics she would like to cut or have in the end. But she expects to get rid of some of the more obvious ones that are not working at the May meeting.
"The revamped metrics also will meet GSA's new mission statement. Johnson announced the changes to the mission statement at the conference's opening keynote Sunday night.
I played highlights of Martha Johnson's opening speech in the first hour of the show today. You can listen to the full speech by clicking on the audio link. In the audio link, Administrator Johnson is introduced by Michael Robertson, Associate Administrator for Governmentwide Policy and Chief Acquisition Officer at the General Services Administration.