Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Government shutdown recap
Friday - 10/18/2013, 9:57pm EDT
Joining Jenny on the show are Megan Walsh, communications and legislative director, Federal Division, National Association of Government Employees (NAGE), Jessie Klement, legislative director, National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE), and Robin Kehoe, director of Communications & Development, Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund (FEEA).
In addition to focusing on the Congressional actions that led to the shutdown and the details of the bill that reopened government, the show takes a look at some of the drivers of the on-going debate over the value of the federal government, including the misperception about who federal employees are (in particular, where they live, and the type of services they provide the American public).
Guest Robyn Kehoe also shares examples of the types of feds who have come to FEEA for disaster relief and emergency loans. She then discusses the safety net that FEEA provides to federal employees.
The show also addresses the Combined Federal Campaign. During this campaign, (September 1st to December 15th) pledges made by Federal civilian, postal, and military donors during the campaign season support eligible non-profit organizations, such as FEEA. The guests also discuss the effects of the shutdown on the CFC and whether donations will be impacted.