Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Green Government Special Reports
In 2009, President Barack Obama issued an executive order requiring agencies to reduce the amount of energy they use. Since then, agencies have been putting the infrastructure in place to begin to tackle these goals. Just how much of a difference are these mandates making? Is it lip service or real change? Federal News Radio analyzes the impact the programs and policies are having in making the government more green.
The Smart Grid will completely overhaul our current electricity infrastructure. Some say it could completely change the world while others worry about security and privacy. Federal News Radio's Amy Morris takes an in-depth look at the Smart Grid - what it is and how it's being developed.
Going green in the government isn't just a trend. It is a mandate. But lawmakers say they can't expect the rest of the nation to become environmentally friendly if they don't set the example. Federal News Radio takes a look at what Capitol Hill is doing to reduce its carbon footprint.