Dr. Richard Shurtz is President and CEO of Stratford University.
Prior to Stratford University, Dr. Shurtz was Vice President of Physical Sciences for the BDM Corporation. Prior to BDM, he led an electro-optics research team at the Night Vision and Electro-Optics Laboratory. He received both his Ph.D. and M.S. from Catholic University in Physics.
Dr. Richard R. Shurtz II won the 2009 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year award in Greater Washington for the Government/Education Services category. Stratford University was ranked as one of the Top 100 Graduate Degree Producers for All Disciplines in 2009 by Diverse Education.
Stratford University is a private, higher educational U.S. university founded in 1976. Stratford specializes in adult education and offers placement assistance for students and graduates. It delivers online, classroom, and blended online/classroom programs. Stratford has campuses in Tysons Corner and Woodbridge in the Washington, DC area, Newport News, Richmond, and Baltimore, Maryland, plus two locations overseas in New Delhi and Gurgaon, India. The majority of the student body is non-traditional and works full-time while attending school. Stratford's international student body is diverse and represents over thirty countries. Stratford has partnered with the Global Land Coalition to provide distance education services in developing countries and with the K. K. Modi Group to offer residential American degrees in India.
Stratford University awards graduate and undergraduate degrees in a number of disciplines including business administration, computer information systems, health sciences, nursing, culinary arts, and hotel management. Online, residential, and blended programs are available. All online and blended courses use the Stratford online Moodle platform hosted in Stratford's data center. The learning outcomes embedded within the curriculum are employer-centric, while the teaching methods and delivery style are student-centric.
The University offers accelerated degree programs for those who wish to start their careers quickly. An associate's degree can be earned in 15 months, a bachelor's degree in 30 months, and a master's degree in 15 months. The table below lists all programs and indicates which are available online.
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Stratford University's Tech Talk
Saturday mornings at 9:00 a.m. on 1500AM
Hosted by Dr. Richard Shurtz, w/Jim Russ
Sponsored by Stratford University
Call during the show (Saturdays 9:00 to 10:00 am EST) by dialing toll-free: 877-936-9333.
Email your questions to the show using email@example.com