Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Acquisition Special Reports
The federal government has missed its 23 percent small business contracting goal for the past six years. In our special report, The Small Business Dilemma, Federal News Radio explores the dynamics that make small business contracting a challenge for agencies - specifically the Defense Department, the government's biggest spender. We explore what the Pentagon is doing to increase opportunities for small firms and get best practices from agencies that are already creating big opportunities for small business. We also examine why agencies are struggling to find contractors in Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZones).
The federal government takes more than $1 trillion per year to operate, with nearly half of its operating budget spent on the acquisition of goods and services. Congress, executive branch political leadership and career federal managers all agree — federal acquisition needs to be a lot more efficient and effective. Federal News Radio's week-long special report, Inside the World's Biggest Buyer, takes a look at acquisition from every perspective: agency, industry, workforce, oversight, and suspension and debarment.
The proliferation of multiple award contracts across the government has reached a tipping point. The Office of Federal Procurement Policy went on a listening tour to figure out how to tame this unwieldy beast. The administration's efforts come as several agencies plan to recompete or issue new procurements for MACs in the coming year. Federal News Radio's Jason Miller explores all sides of this complex issue.