Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
In an effort to provide a better environment for commenting, we have changed our comment platform. In order to comment on a story, you will first need to create a Disqus account if you do not already have one. It's easy! Sign up for an account below by clicking in the "Leave a message" field and then clicking on the blue Disqus icon. Alternatively, you can now comment using your Facebook, Twitter or Google accounts.
Federal News Radio understands how important anonymity is to some commenters. Like our previous platform, our new system allows users to identify their comments with a screen name (instead of their first and last name) if they so choose. Find more information about creating a screen name and other frequently asked questions about Disqus here.
Our comment policy itself has not changed. Federal News Radio encourages users to express their opinions by posting comments that have a positive and constructive tone; are on topic, clear and to-the-point; and are respectful towards others and their opinions. Our goal is to maintain a civil dialogue in which readers feel comfortable. Federal News Radio reserves the right to remove comments and block users that do not follow these criteria.comments powered by Disqus
The current federal climate brought on by sequestration and continuing resolutions has tightened government spending while increasing the need for performance improvement. This year's Government Performance Summit focuses on how data can help agencies achieve this goal.
Shelley Metzenbaum's last day was Friday after four years at OMB as the associate director for personnel and performance. She said agencies understand now, more than ever, that setting goals and measuring their performance against them makes a big difference in how they meet their missions.
Toni Braxton, Minka Kelly, Gabrielle Douglas and the Jenners strap on heels for Red Dress show
Even a French pianist can't help them: Serenade fails to put London's tortoises 'in the mood'
Federal News Radio evaluated a total of five initiatives meant to rally federal managers' enthusiasm, expertise and duty as part of the special report, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years. We determined more progress was needed on the administration's performance management and regulation reduction efforts. We called the President's plan to reorganize the Commerce Department a bust but find effective efforts surrounding energy sustainability and cutting waste, fraud, abuse and improper payments.
An exclusive Federal News Radio online survey of federal PIOs finds agencies are using performance to improve their missions, but more than half of the Performance Improvement Officers wear multiple hats. Respondents also said they have strong support from their superiors and their agency is committed culturally to improve performance. Shelley Metzenbaum, the Office of Management and Budget's associate director for performance and personnel (pictured) said success in performance improvement across agencies has taken off recently. "This is not just being driven by OMB, but it is really being owned by the agencies," she said.
The agency is using HUDStat sessions to set, oversee and accomplish performance goals. HUD and VA are using these meetings to ensure they are meeting their joint goal to reduce homelessness among veterans. HUD's Peter Grace said getting program managers to talk honestly about their challenges has been among the biggest changes.
JD Sicilia, Director of Strategic Management and Performance at DoD and Rosye Cloud, director of Performance Improvement Council join Francis Rose for the Executive Hour on In Depth
President Obama has said publicly that he is a big fan of performance management, and wants to blend its practice into the day-to-day operation of the Federal Government. But what does that mean for feds who are tasked with actually making the wheels of government turn every day? The Association of Government Accountants convened a conference to discuss performance in government.
Deputy director for management Jeffrey Zients hires Shelley Metzenbaum to help lead the performance management effort. OMB to lean on the Performance Improvement Council to develop and advocate for new approach.
White House outlines replacement for PART program to focus on 'meaningful measures and quantitative targets.'