Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
After five years as chair of the White House Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ), Nancy Sutley will leave her position in February 2014. During Sutley's tenure, the Obama administration created the National Ocean Policy and Climate Action Plan.
Jon Powers is the Federal Environmental Executive for the White House Council on Environmental Quality. He spoke to Federal News Radio as part of the special report, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years.
Federal agencies released FY 2011 sustainability scorecards indicating overall progress.
Tim Unruh, program manager at the Energy Department's Federal Energy Management Program, shared tips on how agencies can become more energy efficient.
The Obama administration announced the release of the second annual sustainability performance plan for federal agencies at the annual Green Gov Symposium.
Michael Robertson, GSA's chief of staff, provided an update on the agency's continuing green and clean energy efforts.
Dorothy Robyn, the deputy undersecretary of defense for installations and environment, said DoD is taking the lead in helping clean energy companies clear the commercialization hurdle.
Gary Guzy, the Council's Deputy Director, describes how these projects can make your agency more energy efficient.
Subhead: Administration honors sustainability efforts by seven agencies with the 2010 GreenGov Presidential awards.
Council on Environmental Quality issues new guidance giving agencies instructions to measure greenhouse gas emissions. Council chair Nancy Sutley said the directive includes approaches used inside and out of government. Agencies have until January 2011 to complete an initial baseline inventory.
DoE wants to make all of its roofs white or light color to help reduce the amount of heat buildings absorb. GSA is testing solar panels, geo-thermal and solar chimneys in different buildings around the country. The goal is to help reduce the government's $25 billion annual energy bill.
The White House releases 56 agency sustainability plans showing how the government will meet an assortment of energy efficiency goals. Federal Environmental Executive Michelle Moore said ideas run the gamut from recycling to computer power management. The administration is hosting the GreenGov Symposium in October to help educate and promote agency goals.
Agency strategies to consolidate data centers are due to OMB by Aug. 30. Kundra says his office will approve them by Dec. 31. He advises agencies that this is more than a technology initiative.