Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Dr. Reginald Brothers, the new Homeland Security Department undersecretary for science and technology, wants to revamp DHS' S&T portfolio by making its research projects more relevant to end users, building more connective tissue between headquarters and DHS components and rebuilding workforce morale.
Reggie Brothers, the undersecretary for Science and Technology at the Homeland Security Department, is crowdsourcing ideas across four broad goals to determine where research and development is heading over the next decade. He will use the results of the crowdsourcing effort to influence S&T's strategic plan.
The Science and Technology Directorate issued a Broad Agency Announcement and four specific solicitations to get industry, academia and others thinking about how to improve cybersecurity. Over the next nine months, the agency will review white papers, proposals and make awards, with expectations of the development of commercial or open source projects in the next year or two.
Tara O'Toole, the undersecretary of science and technology at the Homeland Security Department, announced she will step down after more than four years leading research and development efforts at the agency.
On this week's episode of Agency of the Month, Dr. Dan Gerstein, deputy under secretary at DHS' Science and Technology Directorate, joins Federal News Radio to discuss how he's working with a drastically smaller budget.
This year, 34 federal employees were named finalists in eight categories for their public service work.
DHS is releasing gases and fluorescent particles into Boston's subway tunnels today to study how toxic chemicals and lethal biological agents could spread through the nation's oldest subway system in a terrorist attack. Details from program manager, Teresa Lustig
Legislation authorizes critical management functions and programs within S&T, including the Securing the Cities program and authorizing the National Urban Security Technology Laboratory (NUSTL). Rep. Yvette Clarke explains.