Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Leah Kane, deputy project director for Reentry at the Council of State Government's Justice Center will talk about the work being done by her organization.
March 22, 2013
Senior Executives Association President Carol Bonosaro joins host Bill Bransford to discuss some of the challenges facing senior executives in the federal government.
March 22, 2013
Rep. John Sarbanes warns of sequestration's long-term consequences on "Inside Government" - March 22, 2013
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Rep. John Sarbanes, D-Md., discusses the long-term, negative consequences of sequestration while First Command Financial Services District Advisor Bob Hill offers financial tips for federal employees facing furloughs. Campaign for America's Future Co-director Roger Hickey and AFGE Transportation Security Administration Local 556 President Don Thomas also appear.
Now that the budget battle is over, for now, the next stormcloud on the horizon is sequestration. It kicked in earlier this month, but the effects probably won't be felt until next month at the earliest, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. Will it be the nightmare many have predicted or will it fade away as politicians get nervous and the public gets angry?
Believe it or not, not everything you post on Facebook will draw "likes" from all of the people who see it. In fact letting too much hang out on social media could get you in a whole lot of trouble, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
What do vampires have to do with a long-lived urban myth about a super-secret federal retirement plan? The short answer is that both are very hard to put to rest, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. But here goes, again ...
The Pentagon will send furlough notices to civilian employees in the next two weeks. Defense components would not be spared from furloughs, regardless of any other efforts they take to offset sequestration.
There was a time when no self-respecting federal worker would take an offer to retire early unless it was accompanied by a $25,000 buyout. But after two-plus years of a pay freeze and furloughs in the forecast, attitudes may have changed, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Officials aim to redefine operational series codes for civilian cybersecurity workers and offer more pay for additional expertise. The Air Force would like to create an elite cadre of civilian cyber warriors.
Do you know that 75 percent of all full-time federal workers suffer from Jack Benny Syndrome, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. So what is it, and how do you know if you have it?