Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Recruiting STEMM talent isn't difficult, provided agencies are willing to try the methods that have already proved successful, a new Partnership for Public Service and Booz Allen Hamilton report says.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" the union recognizes federal nurses as it celebrates National Nurses Week. Guests include AFGE National President J. David Cox Sr., 8th District National Vice President Jane Nygaard, and representatives from the AFGE's Council of Prison Locals and National Veterans Affairs Council.
The Defense Department reduces the number of furlough days from 14 to 11. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said it's possible the number could drop further, but he offered no promises.
For many federal workers, the threat of sequestration-triggered furloughs seems to be fading, at least a bit. But for some federal contractors, sequestration has meant layoffs, with perhaps more to come, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. So how's sequestration treating you?
The Obama administration has set its sights on more than a dozen national priorities, such as cybersecurity and energy efficiency, that cut across federal agency missions. But the government lacks a dedicated team of senior executives willing to break out of the agency mold to implement those goals, according to a new report from the IBM Center for the Business of Government. The author of the report, Bruce Barkley, told Federal News Radio his proposals for redesigning the Senior Executive Service.
A funny thing happened on the way to work last week, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. We got hacked but, as you can see, we are back. As setbacks often do, this one has made us smarter and stronger. Glad to be back.
Thinking of retiring within the next 12 to 18 months? Tired of traffic, being beaten up by politicians and facing a furlough? And who knows when the current three-year pay freeze will ever end? So call it a day, right? Put in your papers and everything will be okay, correct? Wrong, wrong wrong. Are you nuts? Retiring is not the answer for everyone, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Lily Whiteman, author of "How to Land a Top-Paying Federal Job" will discuss the job outlook in the federal government.
May 10, 2013
Tags: federal hiring , Lily Whiteman , How To Land A Top-Paying Federal Job , federal market , internship programs , sequestration , Pathways Program , government employees , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access
Craig Floyd, CEO of the National Law Enforcemetn Officers Memorial Fund, joins host Bill Bransford to talk about this year's National Police Week event.
May 10, 2013
Members of the federal workforce share their stories about public service in this new video from the Office of Personnel Management.