Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
The Partnership for Public Service named 31 individuals and teams as finalists for the 2013 Service to America Medals. The annual awards recognize outstanding work in public service.
Derrick Dortch will host a roundtable discussion of new programs and initiatives designed to help veterans find jobs or start their own businesses.
May 3, 2013
Tags: hiring , veterans employment , Department of Veterans Affairs , Walmart , General Gary Profit , Joe Quinn , Phillip Selleh , VA Accelerator Program , veterans issues , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access
A new memo from Acting OPM Director Elaine Kaplan details two main objectives and four focus areas for change. OPM and OMB want to eliminate 12 HR reports and consolidate four others.
Furloughs are supposed to save money. But if you wait until the last-minute to notify workers it can be quite costly as the Internal Revenue Service has found out, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey reports.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" EPA Council 238 President Chuck Orzehoskie and Defense Conference Vice Chair Patty Viers discuss the latest furlough developments at EPA and DOD while AFGE Legislative and Political Director Beth Moten highlights the union's legislative efforts to end furloughs. GovLoop Community Engagement Director Andrew Krzmarzick also appears.
Host Mike Causey will talk furloughs with Federal Career Experts owner John Grobe, and hiring, retirement backlog, and more with Stephen Losey and Sean Reilly from the Federal Times.
May 1, 2013
Tags: pay and benefits , contracting , furloughs , sequestration , hiring , OPM backlog , FAA , air traffic controllers , charitable giving , Boston bombings , John Grobe , Federal Career Experts , Sean Reilly , Stephen Losey , Mike Causey , Your Turn
If you are a federal worker, you are certainly aware of the Washington-based series, Sequestration: The Soap Opera. Normally such a drama would have little audience outside the Washington Beltway, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. But it is being noticed in other places because so many contractors are being hit by furloughs too.
Governmentwide scores tracking how agencies foster and reward employee innovation dropped in 2012 for the second year in a row, according to a new report from the Partnership for Public Service and Deloitte. NASA took the honors for the most innovative large agency, while the Surface Transportation Board was the most innovative small agency.
If somebody said they could save you nearly $1,800 but that it would cost you $61,000, you probably wouldn't take the deal, right? Unfortunately, the White House and Congress have signed off on it in the form of furloughs, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.