Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Linda Rix, co-CEO of Avue Technologies will give her take on a wide range of issues affecting the federal job market.
June 28, 2013
Tags: federal hiring , recruitment , OPM , OPM revolving fund , usa jobs , human resources , human resource management , NSA leaks , NSA , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access , Linda Rix , Avue Technologies , AvueCentral
The sad truth is that a lot of you aren't going to be around this time next week. You will be away. Not that kind of away, but away from the office, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. And we'd like to be home with you.
Teens who once thrilled to The Who's "My Generation" have entered the workforce, grown older and are, in many cases, high-ranking employees and managers. In other words, they are the old fogies they once railed against. "Federal Report" readers react to the office age-gap in this guest column.
With the Supreme Court's overturning of the Defense of Marriage Act, same-sex spouses of both federal employees and military personnel will be eligible for the same benefits previously only available to opposite-sex couples.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel addresses workplace safety concerns as assaults on staff continue in the Bureau of Prisons. California Labor Federation Executive Secretary-Treasurer Art Pulaski continues the workplace safety discussion while AFGE Department of Defense Local 2228 David Bamburg details the impact of federal employee furloughs at Ellsworth AFB.
They're entitled, narcissistic, "free spirits," who chafe at the confines of ordinary desk work. They grew up in the era of Little League trophies for everyone, are tied to their smartphones and live out much of their lives on Facebook. At least that's what some of you think about millennials. We're talking Generation Y in today's guest column. Even if you're not part of the under-30 crowd, we bet you have an opinion.
This is the third in a series of guest columnists who — writing on their own time — are filling in the blanks while Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's on vacation. This one is from a long-time Social Security employee who has seen the civil service reinvented (also folded, stapled and mutilated) a number of times.
Evan Lesser, founder and director of ClearanceJobs.com, discusses the potential impact of the NSA security leaks.
June 21, 2013
Tony Vergnetti will hows a roundtable discussion of federal insurance benefits and what you can do to fill any holes in your coverage.
June 21, 2013
Tags: federal benefits , FEHBP , healthcare , life insurance , Tony Vergnetti , supplemental insurance , Mike Miles , Variplan , Jim De La Torre , Fed Advantage , Dennis Stephens , All Feds , Fed Talk
DoD's senior executives with responsibility for budget matters report a sudden decline in job satisfaction. No surprise: sequestration's mostly to blame.