Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Most Americans live in a handful of states, like California, Texas, Florida, New York, etc. But during tough times, we sometimes blur those borders and our home-town pride and become honorary citizens of a place like Oklahoma which, once again, is having a very tough time, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
When a newspaper reporter fakes a story, we are outraged. When a network TV show gets it wrong, we are stunned. But we tend to forget, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. But when a handful of government workers go rogue, maybe on orders from their political bosses, the entire workforce is tainted for a long, long time.
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said he's taken several steps to improve the military's response to and prevention of sexual assaults, but that the problem can't be solved by policy directives alone. On the matter of sexual assaults, he said he believes the military's chain of command has suffered an accountability breakdown.
Derrick Dortch will host a roundtable discussion of new programs and initiatives designed to help veterans find jobs or start their own businesses.
May 17, 2013
Tags: hiring , veterans employment , Department of Veterans Affairs , Walmart , General Gary Profit , Joe Quinn , Phillip Selleh , VA Accelerator Program , veterans issues , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access
Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) and the GSA inspector general released separate, but related, reports that show GSA abused its authority to give Senior Executive Service (SES) members bonuses between 2009 and 2011. GSA official said they have since fixed these problems. McCaskill also found that on average the Labor Department, the Navy and the National Science Foundation handed out more than one bonus per SES employee.
The password next week at several federal agencies is this: Come to work and we fire you. Don't dare show your face on Friday or else, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
When you're on a vacation trip or long drive, do your kids keep asking "Are we there yet?!" Now, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says, suppose you are Uncle Sam and you've told your 1.8 million kids they are going on a sequestration vacation. If they keep asking are we there yet, what do you tell them?
Recruiting STEMM talent isn't difficult, provided agencies are willing to try the methods that have already proved successful, a new Partnership for Public Service and Booz Allen Hamilton report says.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" the union recognizes federal nurses as it celebrates National Nurses Week. Guests include AFGE National President J. David Cox Sr., 8th District National Vice President Jane Nygaard, and representatives from the AFGE's Council of Prison Locals and National Veterans Affairs Council.