Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Members of Congress sent a letter to the President Tuesday saying federally contracted low-wage work represents how the government fuels inequality. Contracted service workers staged a strike to protest pay inequality.
Thousands of federal employees at four separate government agencies are required to take an unpaid furlough day July 5. Meanwhile, employees at two government agencies could see a diminished impact of furloughs.
The State Department is enlisting digital- and media-savvy college students to complete short- and long-term diplomacy tasks remotely.
The Office of Personnel Management needs to beef up its role in helping agencies set goals for increasing telework, the Government Accountability Office concluded in a new report. Under the 2010 Telework Enhancement Act, agencies are required to take new steps to increase the number of employees who telework -- and OPM is required to report to Congress on agencies' goals for doing so. But GAO found many new mandated reporting requirements went unmet in OPM's 2012 report to Congress, the first since the telework law went into effect.
A new memo from the Defense Department tells field commanders and managers not to shift workloads onto military personnel or contractors, and not to require civilians to work longer hours to make up for productivity losses during mandatory furlough days.
There are some things that many of us only do once. That includes retiring and dying. So it pays to get it right the first time, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
The Office of Personnel Management released a statement Thursday urging agencies to still nominate executives for the Presidential Rank Awards despite the absence of bonus money. OPM said winners will receive presidential recognition.
Federal employees in same-sex marriages have until August 26 to make changes to their health and life insurance among other benefits, according to a new memo from acting OPM Director Elaine Kaplan. Same-sex spouses of federal employees are now eligible for coverage under under the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP), Federal Employees Group Life Insurance (FEGLI), Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP), and Federal Long-term Care Insurance.
Linda Rix, co-CEO of Avue Technologies will give her take on a wide range of issues affecting the federal job market.
June 28, 2013
Tags: federal hiring , recruitment , OPM , OPM revolving fund , usa jobs , human resources , human resource management , NSA leaks , NSA , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access , Linda Rix , Avue Technologies , AvueCentral
The sad truth is that a lot of you aren't going to be around this time next week. You will be away. Not that kind of away, but away from the office, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. And we'd like to be home with you.