Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Customs and Border Protection says it will put more resources into border crossings and customs terminals if the local communities pay for it.
You don't have to be popping 50-plus vitamins or checking out the early-bird dinner special to be excited by the government's new phased retirement program, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. It has some potential benefits for both beginning feds and people in mid-career too.
The Air Force has pulled a brochure circulated at a South Carolina base after a lawmaker complained about some objectionable advice to sexual assault victims.
The Supreme Court struck down parts of DOMA on June 26. Federal managers now must decide how to recognize legal same-sex marriages. Agencies also must update their enrollment systems to include same-sex spouses and their children.
What's the difference between an elected politician and a career civil servant? When politicians take time off they get paid, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says, whereas feds who don't work don't.
People in Washington, D.C., aren't always the friendliest, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. Is that because the headquarters of most federal agencies are here? Is it because Congress is here? Did each state and each congressional district conspire to send us the 535 people they definitely don't want hanging around at home?
The sub-basement of the Office of Personnel Management's headquarters resembles more a tech start-up than a federal office building. The innovation lab, as OPM calls it, provides a brightly-lit, open room for employees to meet and tackle the "stickiest" of the agency's problems.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" members of AFGE's Department of Defense Local 2077 at the Selfridge Air National Guard Base in Michigan address the personal and professional toll of furloughs and sequestration. AFGE Defense Conference Chair Don Hale discusses assistance for AFGE members facing furloughs and Alliance for American Manufacturing President Scott Paul makes the connection between U.S. manufacturing and national security.
Approximately 85 percent of the Defense Department's civilian workforce -- more than 650,000 employees -- will be staying home Monday, as the first of DoD's cost-cutting furlough days goes into effect. The furloughs were put in place to offset automatic, across-the-board spending cuts implemented by sequestration. DoD estimates the furloughs will save between $1.9 billion and $2.1 billion.
Linda Rix, co-CEO of Avue Technologies will give her take on a wide range of issues affecting the federal job market.
July 5, 2013 (This show originally aired June 28, 2013)
Tags: federal hiring , recruitment , OPM , OPM revolving fund , usa jobs , human resources , human resource management , NSA , NSA leaks , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access , Linda Rix , Avue Technologies , Avue Central