Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Senior Correspondent Mike Causey wants to know: Just how paranoid are you? Do you think NASA faked the Moon landings? Just who is really buried in Grant's tomb? And is sequestration a giant political mistake or a clever plan to shrink the bureaucracy and defang the IRS?
After an OSHA investigation found USPS electrical work violations, USPS agreed to agencywide changes in electrical work safety and training.
Extended pay freeze. Furloughs. Can it get any worse? In a word: Yes! Check out Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's column for more.
Here's a horrible thought to start off your week, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. You've had your pay frozen and maybe you have been furloughed with more mandatory time-outs to come. But what if these are the good old days right now? That it can't get any better than this...
President Barack Obama announced a taskforce Monday to help agencies better utilize volunteers in achieving their missions. The Corporation for National and Community Service will lead the taskforce along with representatives from 18 federal agencies and organizations.
The leadership vacancy created by Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano's resignation is the latest and greatest blow to a department where one-third of the heads of key agencies and divisions have been filled with acting officials or remained vacant for months. Napolitano's departure, slated for September, will create the 15th hole in the department's 45 leadership positions.
As the cybersecurity workforce gets older and closer to retirement age, the Office of Personnel Management is trying to help agencies find new talent. It's creating a new database of cyber positions that it hopes will help agencies identify the cyber skill sets needed to meet their missions. The Obama administration has made reducing critical cyber workforce gaps one of its top "cross-agency" goals.
Bill Bransford hosts a roundtable discussion of the upcoming Federal Dispute Resolution Conference.
July 12, 2013
Tags: Federal Dispute Resolution Conference , civil rights , EEO , dispute resolution , labor relations , OSC , MSPB , OPM , FLRA , Bill Bransford , Dan Gephart , Joseph Swerdzewski , Barbara Haga , Roslyn Brown , Shaw Bransford & Roth , Fed Talk
Lily Whiteman, author of "How to Land a Top-Paying Federal Job" will discuss the job outlook in the federal government.
July 12, 2013
Tags: federal hiring , Lily Whiteman , How To Land A Top-Paying Federal Job , federal market , internship programs , sequestration , Pathways Program , government employees , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access
Although its not the dreaded Friday the 13th, many feds - from Defense to the IRS — are licking their financial wounds, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. IRS employees had a furlough day last Friday. Defense folks began theirs on Monday. So what about a no-work-no-pay plan for Congress and the White House?