Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
After two weeks of deliberation and analysis of agency resources, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has decided to cancel its second phase of furloughs.
As the early heat wave continues in large sections of the nation, many federal workers are learning the naked truth about some of their very hot co-workers. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says that in many cases, they don't like what they are seeing.
Scholars at American University are suggesting that one way to relieve sequester stress and increase productivity is to create stronger work relationships. Robert Tobias and Patrick Malone at AU's Department of Public Administration and Policy suggest taking time out to talk about employees' feelings.
Furloughs have hit half the federal workforce, and the financial impact has been hard on many of them. But for many members of the federal family, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says, the worst may be yet to come — things like layoffs and cutbacks in the federal retirement and health insurance programs in the new fiscal year.
DoD officials briefed House Armed Services members about 2013 furloughs and are figuring out whether they can reduce the number of days employees have to take without pay.
A new report by the Partnership for Public Service and McKinsey and Company found inconsistencies among agencies in how they recruit and develop their Senior Executive Service members. That lack of standardized leadership development is causing some to question whether senior executives will be prepared to replace long-time managers who are retiring at a fast rate.
When disaster strikes areas populated by federal workers, a mystery man with a suitcase full of cash usually shows up the next day. Some of the money comes from people like you, but there are also big-time corporations that write some very big checks. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey asks: Who are they, and why are they doing it?
What if we found out that instead of saving millions of dollars through furloughs and sequestration cuts, the actions were actually costing the government and the taxpayers billions of dollars? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey wants to know: At this rate, how much longer can we afford to save?
Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) introduced a bill to eliminate official time for federal employees. Official time is the paid time that employees spend on union work.
Is there a guy in your carpool who, because of the heat, is wearing TMI short shorts that are way too short? Does the gang at the office look like they collided with a unisex clothes line? Maybe it's the heat, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. So, how hot is it in your office?