Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
President Barack Obama plans to sign executive orders Monday prohibiting discrimination against gay and transgender workers in the federal government and its contracting agencies, without a new exemption that was requested by some religious organizations.
Evan Lesser, founder and director for ClearanceJobs.com, will discuss the state of hiring in the clear community.
July 18, 2014
Remember the fable of the rabbit, trapped by a hungry fox, who begs to be punished by being thrown into the briar patch? Think of yourself as that rascally rabbit, and Congress as the hungry but not so bright fox, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. We're talking about the shutdown showdown.
The Office of Personnel Management just issued a final rule that lets a subset of federal employees enroll in or switch dental and vision plans outside of the open enrollment periods. The amendment goes into effect next month.
Track which agencies are offering early retirement incentives and buyout offers in 2014.
The Office of Personnel Management is giving agencies a way to better understand and utilize data gleaned from the Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey (FEVS) and OPM's Enterprise Human Resources Integration (EHRI).
President Barack Obama has appointed four new members to the National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relations. Leaders from the Teamsters, American Federation of Government Employees, Federal Education Association and National Association of Government Employees will advise the President on federal labor relations.
If you live and work in the Washington area, are you less happy and more nervous in the civil service than your identical twin who's a fed in Indianapolis or Denver? Maybe there's a good reason, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
There's growing consensus on Capitol Hill and from the Obama administration that the pay and personnel system used by the federal government since 1949 and infrequently updated is showing its age — and due for a major facelift. Lawmakers probed the General Schedule system Tuesday during a hearing before the House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on the Federal Workforce, U.S. Postal Service and the Census.
Tags: congress , House , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Blake Farenthold , Darrell Issa , Robert Goldenkoff , Katherine Archuleta , Pat Niehaus , Federal Managers Association , pay and benefits , GS system , Jack Moore
Back in the day, when the draft was still around, kids used to ask, "What did you do during the war, Daddy?" Today, in major federal centers, they want to know what you were up to this time nine months ago?