Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Office of Management and Budget employees are voting today and Nov. 1 on whether or not they want to be represented by the American Federal of Government Employees union.
TroopSwap CEO Blake Hall and Vice President of Operations Aaron Tiffany joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to explain how the company is reaching out to military spouses.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" labor historian Dr. Nelson Lichtenstein discusses the importance of public sector unions and the future of the labor movement. AFGE National Council of Social Security Administration Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski also appears to address contract negotiations with SSA and a series of upcoming nationwide rallies.
Jaime Gracia is industry co-chair of the Better Government IT Working Group and President and CEO of Seville Government Consulting.
Teleworkers and non-teleworkers have very different views of the effects telework has on office dynamics. According to a Federal News Radio survey, teleworkers have a much more positive view of telework than those who work from their agency or company office.
The three agencies have joined a growing number that are offering incentive payments for employees to leave the payroll. Federal News Radio provides a roundup of recent buyout offers.
Telework is growing in the federal government but what will that mean for office dynamics? Take our survey.
Lawmakers charged with reducing the federal deficit should look to contractors' compensation rather than reduce government workers' pay and benefits, a coalition of federal unions and management associations wrote in a letter to supercommittee leaders.
Tags: Susan Collins , Joe Lieberman , pay and benefits , Federal-Postal Coalition , supercommittee , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Congress , budget , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , Emily Kopp , deficit , hiring ,
Government Accountability Office employees could face six days of furlough this year as the watchdog agency expects a possible cut of $35 to $42 million in its budget compared with last year.
The Office of Personnel Management is scrambling to buy more server capacity after record traffic overwhelmed the new version of the USAJobs.gov website. OPM Director John Berry said the site now is serving 94 percent of users. But he acknowledged that's "cold comfort for those whose applications aren't getting through." Agency IT staff is working around the clock to fix the problem, he added.