Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Robert Stoll, the commissioner for patents at PTO joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to outline the new law and how it affects PTO.
DoJ IG finds the agency now processes 60,000 profiles a month instead of 1,700. The bureau may need to continue its hiring spree to keep up with the DNA data coming in.
Over 67 percent of feds said their agencies have not told them of their telework status.
Jim Seymour of the Partnership for Public Sevice and several winners of this year's Service to America medals, join host Debra Roth on today's program.
September 23, 2011
A new bill would require agencies to bring in new employees in an average of 80 days and require them to use resumes and cover letters.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Legislative and Political Director Beth Moten analyzes President Obama's deficit reduction plan and the impact on federal workers. Grantham University Associate Provost Dr. Cheryl Hayek then discusses the online university's student support programs and unveils a special benefit for AFGE members. AFGE local officers Ivan Weich, Robena Reid and Kevin Ellis also appear.
Nine months since OMB issued its 25-point plan to improve how agencies oversee technology, the tone is changing. Lisa Schlosser, the federal deputy CIO, said the goal is to make sure agencies are using their people, money and other resources as best as possible. Agencies are finding some early success with the IT reforms, especially around acquisition.
Tags: technology , contracting , Lisa Schlosser , OMB , Ken Rogers , State , AFCEA Bethesda , cloud computing , IT reform , data center consolidation , Commodity IT , Jason Miller , FedRAMP , cybersecurity , service level agreements
Most federal employees remain satisfied at work, despite pay freezes and budget cuts. But a sizeable chunk of workers believe that pay raises and promotions are not based on merit and that their supervisors don't know how to handle poor performers. The Office of Personnel Management released these findings as part of the 2011 Employee Viewpoint Survey.
Enrollment in the federal long-term-care insurance program increased by 45,000 employees during the open season that ended June 24. It indicates that the aging federal workforce values the benefit despite recent rate hikes.
The Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee voted to hold the number of federal employees stable for the foreseeable future. Sen. Joseph Lieberman (I-Conn.) said he also wants to look at the size of the agency's contractor workforce as well. The freeze was approved in the committee's first-ever DHS reauthorization bill.
Tags: management , DHS , Susan Collins , Joseph Lieberman , Rand Paul , Claire McCaskill , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , contracting , acquisition , TechAmerica , Rafael Borras , Jason Miller , senate homeland security and governmental affairs , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs