Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Councils of union representative and agency leaders are making employees happier and the government run more smoothly, federal personnel leaders told a Senate committee. But mid-level managers say they should be invited to the table because they're usually the ones to implement policies.
Tags: management , Ron Johnson , national council on federal labor management relat , OPM , John Berry , FMA , Pat Niehaus , gregory juneman , NFFE , Emily Kopp , National Council on Federal Labor Management Relat
When less than half of your employees say they'd recommend your agency as a great place to work, you have a problem that's not easy to fix. But faced with poor ratings year after year, the Broadcasting Board of Governors decided to do something about it.
Tags: Broadcasting Board of Governors , jack welch , kate neeper , Partnership for Public Service , John Palguta , management , best practices , Employee Viewpoint Survey , Emily Kopp , performance management
A lot of federal workers say that despite buyout offers and political attacks they can't retire because they can't afford it ... so is anybody happy? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says lots of workers, maybe the majority, like what they do and are proud of it.
The number of teleworkers at the Department of Agriculture has swelled to more than 58,000 - up from just 16,000 a year ago.
The National Security Agency will contribute the prize money for Maryland's first cyber competition. The agency says it wants to raise interest in cyber education and help ensure its future workforce.
The National Treasury Employees Union says the program that replaced the Federal Career Internship Program does not do enough to level competition in the federal hiring system.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" The Nation Publisher Katrina vanden Heuvel and U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) join us from the Take Back the American Dream Conference to address the U.S. jobs crisis and the value of public service. Former U.S. Secretary of Labor Alexis Herman discusses challenges facing the American workforce.
Imagine the future federal workforce consisting of a group of "free agents" — feds who were ready at a moment's notice to help across government agencies on special projects.
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) said he wants to give the struggling Postal Service more flexibility to act like a private business, including the ability to force retirement-eligible employees to step down. Meanwhile, the Postal Regulatory Commission worries the Postal Service is losing sight of its public mission.
Eric Rosenbach is named as the new leader for cyber policy and Tony Montemarano takes on a new role at DISA.
Tags: DoD , Senior Executive Service , DLA , DISA , cybersecurity , Eric Rosenbach , bob butler , mae devincentis , edward case , clyde hobby , robert foster , Anthony Montemarano , people , Jared Serbu