Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Group advocates for renewal of payroll tax cut, long-term unemployment aid - December 2nd, 2011 and December 9th, 2011
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Campaign for America's Future Co-director Roger Hickey discusses efforts to extend the payroll tax cut and long-term unemployment benefits and the impact on the middle class. Dan Roam, author of "Blah, Blah, Blah: What to do When Words Don't Work," and Hooks Book Events President Perry Pidgeon Hooks also appear from the recent Excellence in Government Conference.
The IG's report outlined several recommendations, some of which the Postal Service have already started implementing.
DoD evaluated the components' participation rate in hiring people with disabilities and severe disabilities. Military components also awarded individuals. The full list of winners will be released by DoD.
With Asian Americans making up just 3 percent of the Senior Executive Service, a pilot program seeks to groom more Asians for the government's top ranks. The program, run by the Asian American Government Executives Network, will give 20 Asian SES hopefuls mentoring, networking and placement assistance.
ClearanceJobs.com Founder and Director Evan Lesser joins host Derrick Dortch to talk about what's in store for federal agencies and contractors next year.
December 2, 2011 (Encore presentation December 9, 2011)
The Office of Personnel Management has released draft qualification standards for human resources managers and assistants. The draft standards update the qualifications to include competencies and minimum requirements by grade, Acting Deputy Associate OPM Director Andrea Bright wrote in a memo.
Neidermayer will be replaced by Patsy Garnett as deputy CIO for business and IT transformation.
Several large departments have failed to close cybersecurity workforce gaps that could hinder efforts to protect their computers and networks, according to congressional auditors.
Debra Roth, a partner at Shaw, Bransford and Roth, discusses the implications surrounding the recent case of a Medal of Honor recipient suing his former employer for defamation.
Unions, management associations and agencies will continue to meet through September 2013 to discuss issues from employee evaluations to bargaining over office space and technology. President Barack Obama signed an executive order extending the National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relations, the President's Management Advisory Board and seven other advisory committees.