Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Government Executive Editor in Chief Tom Shoop joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss a recent poll finding big government a leading concern as the biggest threat facing the U.S. Shoop said distrust of the government translates into distrust of the political system.
Steve Kelman, a professor of public management at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government and former administrator at the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss how and why young feds are rising to the top so quickly.
A proposed Labor Department rule to mandate 7 percent of federal contractors' workforce be disabled people is aimed at elevating the importance of disability hiring to the level of affirmative action for race and gender, a Labor official said.
Agencies are increasing the number of disabled veterans in their ranks as they try to fulfill White House hiring mandates. But there's still a lot of unease about how disabled vets will fit into civilian environments. "The civilian workplace is a really bizarre place" for veterans, said workforce and diversity consultant Lisa Stern at a recent training she gave federal hiring officials in Bethesda.
Security is a major telework concern for the Library of Congress and the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration. But, both agencies have found ways to make it work for them.
Tim McManus, the vice president for education and outreach at the Partnership for Public Service, which operates and organizes the ceremony, joined In Depth with Francis Rose with how you can write a winning Sammies nomination for a co-worker or outstanding federal worker you know.
Agencies can give an American flag to the survivors of a federal employee who is killed in the line of duty under a bill passed Thursday by the Senate. The House unanimously approved the measure last month.
The brunt of the Army's plan to cut 8,700 positions by October 2012 will take place within the Installation Management Command, Army Materiel Command, and Training and Doctrine Command.
Capital region officials cheered the Office of Personnel Management's "shelter-in-place" option for snow emergencies. Having people stay at the office during sudden or extreme snowstorms would lessen gridlock, officials told lawmakers Wednesday. They also urged area workers to know their children's school emergency policies and have backup childcare arrangements in place.
The Labor Department is proposing a rule to mandate that seven percent of federal contractors' workforce is people with disabilities.