Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
The National Treasury Employees Union says the program that replaced the Federal Career Internship Program does not do enough to level competition in the federal hiring system.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" The Nation Publisher Katrina vanden Heuvel and U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) join us from the Take Back the American Dream Conference to address the U.S. jobs crisis and the value of public service. Former U.S. Secretary of Labor Alexis Herman discusses challenges facing the American workforce.
Imagine the future federal workforce consisting of a group of "free agents" — feds who were ready at a moment's notice to help across government agencies on special projects.
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) said he wants to give the struggling Postal Service more flexibility to act like a private business, including the ability to force retirement-eligible employees to step down. Meanwhile, the Postal Regulatory Commission worries the Postal Service is losing sight of its public mission.
Eric Rosenbach is named as the new leader for cyber policy and Tony Montemarano takes on a new role at DISA.
Tags: DoD , Senior Executive Service , DLA , DISA , cybersecurity , Eric Rosenbach , bob butler , mae devincentis , edward case , clyde hobby , robert foster , Anthony Montemarano , people , Jared Serbu
John Palguta, vice president for policy at the Partnership for Public Service, joined the Federal Drivewith Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss the Federal Hiring Process Improvement Act and why his organization supports it.
The latest OPM report on Latinos in the federal government shows no improvement in 2009 and 2010. They remain the most underrepresented racial and ethnic group in the federal workforce, making up eight percent of employees. OPM has convened a council to recommend improvements.
How does your agency compare to others when it comes to allowing employees to telework? The latest Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey gives some insight.
Democratic lawmakers want to codify the White House's hiring reform initiative to ensure that agencies keep working at making their processes faster and simpler. Rep. John Sarbanes (D-Md.) said the process is too complicated and changing it is key to attracting the best and brightest.
McManus explains the ways feds are showing resilience and areas that satisfaction could use a boost.