Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Unions, management associations and agencies will continue to meet through September 2013 to discuss issues from employee evaluations to bargaining over office space and technology. President Barack Obama signed an executive order extending the National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relations, the President's Management Advisory Board and seven other advisory committees.
Are you a federal manager? Then you need these 13 tips for managing the new crop of teleworkers in your office.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Defense Conference Chair Don Hale addresses the Defense Department's plans to slash thousands of civilian workforce jobs. AFGE Political Action Committee Director Bob Nicklas and AFL-CIO's Ben Waxman also discuss the labor movement's collective bargaining win on Election Day in Ohio.
President Obama has requested $166.5 million to fight computer crime over the next year, and Congress has approved every penny.
The buyouts and early retirements apply to billing and collection jobs in 11 regional health care networks. They are part of VA's initiative to consolidate accounting activities.
The Postal Service has hired Evercore Partners, a New York-based investment bank, to evaluate proposed changes to its operations, compensation and benefits. Evercore has advised General Motors and other large, troubled companies. USPS said it needs to cut annual expenses by $20 billion by 2015.
The Office of Personnel Management has published an onboarding framework that agencies can use to ease the new-job jitters for members of the Senior Executive Service. Thorough orientation can increase retention, said OPM deputy associate director Steve Shih.
Ernest McDuffie, who oversees the National Initiative for Cybersecurity , joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to provide an update on how the program is working.
Contracts with the National Association of Letter Carriers, AFL-CIO and the National Postal Mail Handlers Union, AFL-CIO with the Postal Service expired at midnight Nov. 20. The new negotiation deadline is Dec. 7.
After a decade in which it has been built up to parity with the active Army and Air Force components, the National Guard should not be allowed to backslide to a point where it is no longer usable, the National Guard chief said Friday.