Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
The International Informations Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc. — or (ISC)2 &mdashl; has awarded five scholarships as part of a cybersecurity challenge for high schoolers. The organization works with the U.S. Cyber Challenge, a national public-private coalition.
Host Derrick Dortch will talk about federal hiring with John Palguta, vice president for Policy at the Partnership for Public Service.
December 16, 2011(Encore presentation December 23, 2011)
Roger Platt of the U.S. Green Building Council, joins host Debra Roth to talk about what the government is doing to be more environmentally friendly.
December 16, 2011
The tuition assistance program funds post-secondary education for current service members. Currently about 320,000 service members are enrolled to the tune of $545 million.
Chairman Jaczko told lawmakers he would not resign despite criticism from NRC commissioners. Republican members push for Jaczko to leave. Democrats said their investigations found no legal violations.
The service has been trying to bring workforce numbers down to 2010 levels. Since the spring, the Air Force cut nearly 9,000 positions with 4,500 more to go to reach their goal.
Thanks to the behavior of Congress, federal workers no longer top the national S (for super) list of "Most Loathed Professions." But you are definitely on it, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Agencies, vendors can comment until Friday on the draft standard describing cybersecurity workers. A common definition will help agencies classify who is a cyber worker.
Nearly three in every 10 new hires in the government is a veteran, marking the highest percentage of new hires in more than 20 years. Just two out of the 24 agencies in the President's Council on Veterans Employment failed to meet their goals. The council released Tuesday preliminary fiscal 2011 employment data.
Government Executive Editor in Chief Tom Shoop joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss a recent poll finding big government a leading concern as the biggest threat facing the U.S. Shoop said distrust of the government translates into distrust of the political system.