Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
The Office of Personnel Management faces a House subcommittee today to answer questions about its handling of the USAJobs relaunch.
Tags: OPM , USAJobs , technology , hiring , House , Emily Kopp , Patrick McFarland , Valerie Melvin , Patrick Manzo , John Berry , Stephen Lynch , Dennis Ross , Connie Mack , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Monster Government Solutions , cybersecuirty
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and Surface Transportation Board top the Partnership for Public Service's annual list of best places to work in the federal government. "The survey won't give you all the answers, but it'll tell you some questions to ask," said John Palguta, the partnership's vice president for policy.
Uncle Sam wants you to tackle cybersecurity, and he's willing to send you to school for it.
Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief of Gov Exec, explains why these agencies are so appealing.
The widespread frustration over the Office of Personnel Management's handling of USAJobs.gov has caught lawmakers' attention. The House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on the Federal Workforce has invited OPM, government inspectors and Monster, the company that previously ran the federal jobs site, to testify at a hearing Tuesday.
Tags: John Berry , OPM , USAJobs , hiring , technology , Monster Government Solutions , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Pat Tamburrino , DoD , Dennis Ross , Emily Kopp , Bob Lam , Ron Johnson , John Kerry , CHCO Council
Employees with high levels of work-family conflict, may be negatively impacted by telework, according to a new study.
Charges of sexual harassment and crimes have rocked the Penn State football dynasty and the campaign of a successful businessman seeking the presidency. So how are things in your shop? Is it a problem where you work, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey asks.
Host Derrick Dortch will talk about employment verification and reference checking with Jeff Shane, executive vice president of Allison and Taylor.
November 11, 2011(Encore presentation March 23, 2012)
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel details the danger of not properly staffing and funding the Bureau of Prisons. AFGE local presidents John Garvey, Mike Guerrissi and Vernon Steed shed light on workplace concerns at their respective agencies. Also, we report from Occupy Oakland and AFGE's recent rally to support Social Security Administration workers.