Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Tammy Flanagan, the senior benefits director for the National Institute of Transition Planning, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss how feds should prepare for retirement.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Rep. John Sarbanes (D-Md.) praises the continued dedication of federal employees despite a contentious political environment. Rep. John Yarmuth (D-Ky.) and Newsweek and Daily Beast contributor Eleanor Clift discuss the implementation of the Affordable Care Act. National Committee to Preserve Social Security & Medicare President and CEO Max Richtman addresses keys to improving Social Security and Medicare and the critical role of SSA employees.
Kathryn Troutman spoke to The Federal Drive with Tom Temin about The New SES Application and the five areas federal employees looking to go into the SES should keep in mind.
AFGE has accused the Department of Veterans Affairs of failing to expand telework opportunities despite a new law designed to encourage the practice. Rep. Frank Wolf (R-Va.) has demanded an explanation. Assistant Secretary for Human Resources and Administration John Sepulveda said managers aren't convinced that telework is good for the agency.
Government investigators have found some senior officials at the Federal Air Marshal service made fun of veterans, homosexuals and minorities, creating an "unpleasant work environment" at an agency.
A federal worker, who boxed in college and the Army, says in the last two years he's gone from a happy-go-lucky fed to feeling like he's fighting two opponents and the referee, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey say. So can this get any worse? Short answer, maybe.
In the latest attempt to cut federal retirement benefits, the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has reported out legislation that would make feds contribute more of their salaries to their pensions and end the FERS annuity supplement for people who retire before age 62.
John Palguta, vice president for policy at the Partnership for Public Service, said the new regulations are an opportunity for agencies to "ramp up their game" when it comes to recruitment.
No matter what condition your hair is in, the vast majority of federal workers get a new wig every one, two or three years. But that may be about to change, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
A new letter, signed by Sens. Mark Warner (D-Va.), Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.) and Ben Cardin (D-Md.), calls on the Office of Management and Budget to take on the "urgent matter" of processing federal retirements. The letter comes a week after a Senate subcommittee hearing in which the Office of Personnel Management was taken to task for its handling of the longstanding backlog.