Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Members of the SES are under attack from politicians, think tankers and the media for their lack of mobility — more than half have never changed jobs. To which Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says: Let's consider the source, as in look who's talking ...
The military is laying the groundwork for a more diverse officer corps, officials told a congressional panel Tuesday. The Defense Department and military services have tackled most of the recommendations that a congressional commission made a year ago. But, recent hazing incidents suggest that the leaders' focus on diversity hasn't trickled down through the ranks.
Pat Tamburrino has been reassigned to be the chief of staff for the acting undersecretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness. He has led several initiatives including moving out of the NSPS and improving the speed of Defense hiring.
The Merit Systems Protection Board has come up with new strategic plan for the next four years which updates the agency's mission and vision statements and includes new strategic goals.
Rep. Dennis Ross (R-Fla.) is defending himself after responding to a op-ed piece in the Washington Post that claimed some members of Congress are attacking feds unfairly. Tom Shoop, the editor-in-chief of Government Executive, which orignally posted Ross' remarks, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the developments.
Paul Rowson, the managing principal of Totally Engaged Workforce Solutions, joined In Depth with Francis Rose for a far-reaching conversation about the federal workforce. Rowson discussed SES changes, morale and the value proposition of federal employment. When federal employees feel they're singled out for sacrifices that affects how they value their jobs, Rowson said.
The Pentagon recently announced it would open up 14,000 combat positions to female troops. While women in uniform say the decision will lend "legitimacy" to the frontline roles they already fill, they say job discrimination pales in comparison to the difficulty of raising a family while serving.
Is there a silent and invisible quota system operating in your agency? If so, it could be costing some of the government's best and brightest money and hurt their future job opportunities, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Today begins Telework Week where federal employees are being encouraged to work from alternative sites.
Many of the federal government's top managers in the Senior Executive Service are preparing to retire, which means openings in the SES ranks. Tim McManus, vice president for education and outreach at the Partnership for Public Service, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss tips for making the switch.