Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Suzanne Spaulding will replace Phil Reitinger as the deputy under secretary. She worked as a consultant and on Capitol Hill previously. DHS also created a deputy under secretary for cyber security.
The Air Force is planning to make payments to civilian employees to encourage them to leave the federal payroll, in addition to offers of early retirement. The service is trying to get to the level of civilian employment authorized under DoD's civilian hiring freeze, which mandates the department maintain its non-uniformed workforce at fiscal 2010 levels.
John Campbell, deputy assistant defense secretary for wounded warrior care and transition policy, the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss DoD's new technology-centered approach to getting returning vets back to work.
AMC is offering $25,000 dollars to more than 30 civilian employees at its headquarters in Redstone Arsenal in Alabama, Federal Times reports.
The Federal Drive spoke with Sudhir Verma, a senior director at Force 3, which runs a program to train its IT workforce, along with Marlena Clark, a graduate of the program.
According to certain twisted history buffs, somebody in April, 1865, asked Mrs. Abraham Lincoln how the liked the play at Ford's Theater. Federal workers may appreciate the irony of that sick joke later on today, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
This year, 34 federal employees were named finalists in eight categories for their public service work.
Jim Seymour, director of Programs and Special Events for the Partnership for Public Service, joins host Derrick Dortch to talk about this year's SAMMIES award winners.
September 9, 2011
The Office of Personnel Management has issued guidance for executive agencies and departments on dealing with the extreme heat over the next few days.