Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Veterans National Education Program Co-founders Andrea Hooper and Bob McMahon talk about the organization's vision and mission.
April 20, 2012(Encore presentation June 8, 2012)
A roundtable discussion of the events at this years' Public Service Recognition Week.
April 20, 2012
Tags: Bill Bransford , Shaw Bransford & Roth , Partnership for Public Service , Public Employees Roundtable , National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration , Public Service Recognition Week , Fed Talk
Is the performance-rating system in your agency rigged? Does a bear shed in the woods? Despite its noble intent, many workers say performance ratings where they work measure just about everything but performance, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Lee Stout, the author of A Matter of Simple Justice: A Matter of Simple Justice: The Untold Story of Barbara Hackman Franklin and a Few Good Women joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp to discuss how and when women started to become full members of the federal workforce.
As part of its third round of buyouts and early outs, the Air Force is allowing workers who may see their position go away be transferred to a buyout-created position.
Cary Kemp Larson, an organizational psychologist who helped develop a new mentoring program at the National Science Foundation, talks to The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp about successful mentoring.
John Sepulveda, the Veterans Affairs Department assistant secretary for human resources and administration, said the portal lets employees assess their skill gaps and create a plan to move up the career ladder. HUD and DLA also have initiatives to create high performing employees and organizations.
This week the Senate is expected to take up legislation to reform the Postal Service. The bill could close post offices, end Saturday deliveries and return funds the Postal Service as pre-paid for retiree health benefits. USPS already has started considering how it would operate with a slimmed-down workforce.
John Palguta, vice president for policy at the Partnership for Public Service, told The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Koppabout what the hot hiring areas are and how agencies are trying to connect the right people with the right opportunities.
Congress returns to session this week with a few short months to reach a budget resolution for the new fiscal year starting Oct. 1 and agree on how to avoid the automatic spending cuts of $1.2 trillion over the next decade that will be triggered Jan. 2, 2013, under the Budget Control Act debt limit deal. But don't expect much to get accomplished before the election, say budget experts.
Tags: Steve Bell , Bipartisan Policy Center , Julie Tagen , NARFE , Beth Moten , AFGE , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , pay and benefits , budget , Congress , Budget Control Act , sequestration , retirement , Robert Tobias , American University