Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Avue Technologies Co-CEO Linda Rix will give us an update on federal hiring and how her company is helping those who want to work for the government.
March 9, 2012
FLEO President Jon Adler and Tony Vergnetti, president of Federal Employee Defense Services, will talk about legislation affecting federal law enforcement officers.
March 9, 2012
Tags: Fed Talk , Debra Roth , Jon Adler , Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association , Tony Vergnetti , Federal Employee Defense Services , Officer Safety Act , Federal Employees Compensation Act , Honest Budget Act
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE National Council of Social Security Administration Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski discusses the union's conceptual agreement with SSA for a new national contract. Skwierczynski also addresses the impact of office closures on the public. AFGE Housing and Urban Development Council 222 Executive Vice President Carolyn Federoff analyzes the federal deficit while Environmental Agency Protection Council 238 Executive Vice President Tom Link provides an update on the council's Save the Environment - Save the EPA campaign.
Have you ever been faked at work? Does your agency consistently low-ball performance ratings in order to save money or play favorites? Check out Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's Federal Report for an inside look at the performance rating game.
The combination of buyouts, a surge in baby boomer retirements and a hostile Congress may make this the worst year, maybe ever, to consider retiring, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Debra Roth, a partner at Shaw, Bransford and Roth, said the Hatch Act Modernization of 2012 would widen the array of penalties for violating the law that governs political activities by government workers.
Members of the SES are under attack from politicians, think tankers and the media for their lack of mobility — more than half have never changed jobs. To which Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says: Let's consider the source, as in look who's talking ...
The military is laying the groundwork for a more diverse officer corps, officials told a congressional panel Tuesday. The Defense Department and military services have tackled most of the recommendations that a congressional commission made a year ago. But, recent hazing incidents suggest that the leaders' focus on diversity hasn't trickled down through the ranks.
Pat Tamburrino has been reassigned to be the chief of staff for the acting undersecretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness. He has led several initiatives including moving out of the NSPS and improving the speed of Defense hiring.
The Merit Systems Protection Board has come up with new strategic plan for the next four years which updates the agency's mission and vision statements and includes new strategic goals.