Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Sandy Smith, director of the BRAC Transition Center, and Career Transition Specialist Amy Seales, provide tips and advice for federal job seekers.
April 6, 2012
Billy Milton, chief human capital officer at the USDA, tells The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp about the Agriculture Department's successful approach to managing its workforce in tough budgetary times.
Worried about another pay freeze next year? Thinking about retiring to get a cost of living adjustment? Timing is everything, and for some people its already too late, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Although scandal rocked the General Services Administration's leadership this last week, it remains unclear whether the four regional commissioners out on leave would face criminal prosecution.
When it comes time for your performance rating, do you ever feel like the honest, hard-working kid in the boxing movie who gets a shot at the title, only to be told that he must take a dive, or else? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey wants to know: Are your agency performance ratings rigged?
The Air Force is hoping that its USA Staffing Onboarding Manager tool can help it slash the time it takes to hire civilians.
Thanks to the two-year pay freeze and two years of higher health premiums many federal workers today are taking home less money than they were in 2010, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. Some alert feds are also curious as to whether Congress has plans to extend their pay freeze until 2013, 2014 or maybe even until 2015.
STRATFOR Vice President for Intelligence Fred Burton will tell you what you can do to protect yourself when traveling abroad.
March 30, 2012(Encore presentation April 13, 2012)
Sen. Daniel Akaka (D-Hawaii) introduced the Senior Executive Reform Act, which would link the General Schedule with the pay system for senior executives and let senior executives include their performance bonuses in their retirement calculation.
When you think of federal workers, the term "swinger" isn't the first thing that pops into your head. But after some of the changes politicians want to make, anything could happen.