Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
For years, federal and postal workers have benefited from congressional gridlock. Efforts to cut benefits, or force people to pay more for them, were often blocked by partisan wrangling. But where your pension is concerned, the good old days may be over, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
The deadline to apply is Monday for airmen eligible for the Temporary Early Retirement Authority.
Akinyemi Banjo is a policy adviser at the Labor Department.
The Partnership for Public Service took a closer look at the data from the 2011 Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey and discovered that feds aren't too happy with their leaders. Senior leaders especially received low rankings from federal employees.
Democrats control the White House and the Senate, while Republicans call the shots in the House. So what impact has divided government had on federal workers? Some people think things could be a whole lot worse if one party ran all three operations at the same time, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
It's a good time for career employees at the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to lay low and stay in their cubicles. A nasty political fight over President Obama's Republican, female commissioner nominee, Kristine Svinicki, has caused Chairman Gregory Jaczko to publicly deny he is abusive towards women.
Feds who retire with special skills and top-secret clearances often move into top jobs on Wall Street, with credit card companies or even back in government, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. But for those stripped of their clearances, life after Uncle Sam may mean a security guard job at a box store ...
An amendment to a Senate bill aiming to restructure the U.S. Postal Service's financial framework would institute new agency reporting requirements for retiring federal workers in anticipation of a "deluge of retirees" from USPS. Sens. Mark Warner (D-Va.) and Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.), introduced an amendment last week that requires the Office of Personnel Management to take new steps to chip away at the longstanding backlog of federal retirement claims.
How would you like it if your spouse or significant other rated your performance, then made his/her findings known to friends and neighbors? In this fantasy world, you would naturally hope your performance would be rated as superior, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. But what if you were rated less-than-satisfactory? Would you vow to get better, or would you really rather not even know?
The provision is one of many in a new bill passed out of a House committee last week to boost customer service at federal agencies. The Federal Customer Service Enhancement Act — or H.R. 538 — would direct the Office of Management and Budget to set customer service standards and name someone to be a customer relations representative at each agency.