Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Did you ever wonder what makes feds tick? You may have yourself figured out, but what about your coworkers and feds in other agencies? Starting today we may get some real insights, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Host Bill Bransford moderates a roundtable discussion of how the Senior Executive Service is doing in developing diversity plans.
June 22, 2012
Tags: hiring , diversity , Bill Bransford , William Brown , African American Federal Executives Association , Tommy Hwang , Asian American Government Executive Network , Veronica Villalobos , Office of Diversity and Inclusion , OPM , Senior Executives Service , Fed Talk
Fred Burton, vice president for Intelligence at STRATFOR will talk about U.S. border protection efforts.
June 22, 2012(Encore presentation June 29, 2012)
Federal offices are wastelands in Fridays in summer, right? Wrong. Turns out Friday is business as usual and some folks find it the most productive day of the week, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. And we've got the emails to prove it.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Rep. Gerry Connolly, D-Va., discusses the value of public service while OurFuture.org Executive Editor Isaiah J. Poole previews the Take Back the American Dream Conference June 18 - 20. Hooks Book Events President Perry Hooks and Steve Shapiro, author of "Best Practices are Stupid: 40 Ways to Out-Innovate the Competition," also appear.
Members of Congress, nervous about the economy and the upcoming November elections, have volunteered to tighten their own money belts. But in the process they may have turned thousands of top-paid federal workers into identify-theft targets, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
What would you do if something or somebody shut down the electrical grid? Does your agency (and do you) have a Plan B? What if there were no computers or cell phones? How would, how could you do your job. Or could you? Check out Senior Correspondent Mike Causey's column for more ...
DoD is examining how to keep servicemembers' "fires lit" once the military services transition to a mostly peacetime status. Gen. Martin Dempsey said some units will be aligned with a particular region of the world. DoD also will take advantage of advancements in technology to help with training.
Former FAA human resources assistant administrator Ventris Gibson said hiring reforms over the last two years have made the process better, but there still is room for improvement.
Which occupational group has the worst nightmares: alligator wrestlers or federal workers? Thw answer might surprise you, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.