Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Tom Tarantino, chief policy officer for Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, talks about the challenges facing veterans when they return home.
August 17, 2012(Encore presentation September 7 & 14, 2012)
The General Services Administration wants to collect all government social media accounts in one single database so the public can trust they are engaging with an official government site. GSA hopes the registry will also provide a better picture of how federal agencies are using social media.
Former Virginia governor Tim Kaine praises work of federal employees on "Inside Government" - August 10th, 2012 and August 17th, 2012
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" former Virginia governor and U.S. Senate candidate Tim Kaine touts public service and the role of federal employees while Former AFGE National President John Gage discusses the union's labor contract agreement with the Transportation Security Administration. Pennsylvania AFL-CIO President Rick Bloomingdale also appears.
President Barack Obama has signed a law delaying an expansion of the STOCK Act that would have published the financial records of thousands of top managers throughout the executive and legislative branches in an online, searchable database.
Federal workers are going to be doing the limbo on a hot seat for much of the rest of the year, says Senior Correspondent Mike Causey. Will sequestration kick in with its major across-the-board cuts, will the continuing resolution save the day and what if nothing happens, which seems to be what happens a lot these days?
At their National Convention, members of the American Federation of Government Employees elected a trio of new officers: J. David Cox as national president, Eugene Hudson Jr. as national secretary-treasurer and August Thomas as national vice president for women's and fair practices.
What has the recession, the pay freeze and this summer's heat done to the dress code in your office? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey wants to know: Are you seeing more of your co-workers and enjoying it less?
The Office of Personnel Management wants agencies to use workplace flexibility to encourage federal workers to pursue activities in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics — or STEM.
Coming soon...maybe...to a federal agency near you: Sequestration. Everybody is talking about it and nobody is doing anything about it. Congress set up the Dr. Strangelove-like time bomb to force it to do something...but so far nobody is doing anything but warning about federal furloughs and layoffs that could also devastate the contractor community.....
Host Debra Roth spoke with Steve Ressler,
president and founder of GovLoop, and Tyler
Robinson and Lynnie Martin from Young Government
Aug. 10, 2012