Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Are you a lifer, or are you waiting for Uncle Sam to show-you-the-money? Buyout offers abound in government but many employees say the tough economy is a good reason to stay on the job. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey asks have you hit the tipping point yet?
The Air Force wants to know what its airmen and civilian employees think of the food at installations and bases.
August is hot in DC, Atlanta, Houston, St. Louis and Cincinnati and lots of other places too. But those of us inside the Beltway get a break you don't...that's because for the next month...until after Labor Day, tens of thousands of the people who at times make this such a toxic town are away — back with the folks who sent them here in the first place.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE members discuss the most critical issues facing federal employees. AFGE 6th District National Vice President Arnold Scott, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health Local 3840 Women's and Fair Practices Coordinator Antoinette Jones and TSA Local 778 President Vaughn Glenn share their stories.
The historic labor agreement covering 45,000 transportation security officers (TSOs) overhauls the current pay-for-performance system, puts in place a grievance process for workplace disputes and increases the uniform allowance.
If you want to get rich, or at least make bigger bucks, consider a career in government ... but not the federal government. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says you should check out the help wanted ads for the state where you pay your income, sales or property taxes ...
When you think of the good old days do you think of your childhood, or maybe when you were in high school or college? For some people, like those who work for or are otherwise linked to Uncle Sam, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says the good old days may be as recent as this time last year when we thought times were tough.
IT transformation has the potential to be a catalyst for 'smart government' and can serve as a force multiplier for future mission success. Tune-in to Van Hitch, a Senior Advisor with Deloitte Consulting LLP and Former CIO of the Department of Justice and Clarence Crawford a Director with Deloitte Consulting LLP and Former CFO of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management for this timely discussion.
The House voted 263-116 to approve the Federal Employee Tax Accountability Act and send it to the Senate. The measure would make those are who are seriously delinquent ineligible for federal employment, whether they're working for the government now or are applying for a job. The House will also vote on final passage of a bill Wednesday to curb misuse of government charge cards.