Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Do you have something that is shrinking with age? If you are with the Postal Service, its the size of your buyouts, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. They are getting smaller all the time. Is this a trend feds in other agencies need to watch? Is it the precursor of an offer you can't refuse.
The controversial provision to an insider trading law that would require the online posting of senior federal employees' financial disclosure forms has twice been delayed by Congress and even put on hold by a district court judge. But now, Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.) says he's already planning for another delay when Congress comes back in session after the election - and possibly even a bill nixing the measure altogether.
Congressional roundtable addresses state of the middle class, public service - September 28th, 2012 and October 5th, 2012
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" a congressional roundtable featuring Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island and Reps. Brad Miller of North Carolina, Tim Ryan of Ohio and Judy Chu of California discusses the state of middle class America and the public service sector. Former Obama White House communications advisor Corey Ealons also appears.
Bureau leadership has relied heavily on ideas from the workforce as the agency pushes ahead with its first major reorganization in 50 years. The goal is to create a more efficient and effective Census Bureau, officials say.
The service will offer $15,000 incentive that would be paid out over two installments to retirement-eligible employees.
Worried about Congress changing your retirement benefits? If so, that should be the least of your worries, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
Current and former federal employees, not hardened criminals, committed most acts of workplace violence, according to the Merit Systems Protection Board. The federal workplace was also more violent when compared with the private sector.
With just weeks until election day, take time out to consider what may be one of the largest most-likely-to-vote bloc of voters that is mostly underneath the political radar. Meet the IFVs (Invisible Federal Voters). And check out their numbers in critical swing vote states.
The House voted Friday to significantly expand protections for federal employees who expose fraud, waste and abuse and make it easier to punish supervisors who try to retaliate against the whistleblowers.
Rafael Borras, the Homeland Security Department's undersecretary for management, said in an exclusive interview with Federal News Radio, improvements to back-office functions show how interdependent the agency has become over the last few years. DHS is managing its acquisition, financial management and human capital processes through a holistic approach.