Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Neal Schiff and Carol Tschudy from the Society of FBI Alumni, and Brad Benson from the Society of Former Special Agents, will talk about the work being done by their organizations.
November 30, 2012
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Public Policy Director Jacque Simon discusses the fiscal cliff's potential impact on federal employees. Common Cause President and CEO and former Congressman Bob Edgar (D-Pa.) and Economic Policy Institute Research and Policy Director Josh Bivens also discuss what a fiscal cliff deal might look like.
IRS, DoD and Interior all are pursuing an assortment of initiatives to prepare for personnel reductions. DoD will release an updated workforce strategic plan by 2015. The IRS is using an online assessment tool to measure how ready employees are to move into leadership positions. Interior is getting managers to understand their important role in workforce planning.
Senators attempt to head off provision in annual Defense bill that would require reductions among Pentagon civilians.
The Office of Personnel Management wants to ensure the confusion over the status of federal offices during Hurricane Sandy is not repeated for future natural or man-made events. OPM officially released the new language Tuesday and updated its dismissal and closure procedures by incorporating the lessons learned from last month's superstorm and last January's ice storm. The language tries to simplify and clarify what federal employees should during natural or man-made disasters. OPM also wants agencies to refocus their efforts on telework so as many employees are able to work during an emergency as possible.
'Tis the season of Secret Santas, white elephant gifts and good will toward office coworkers. But if you're a federal employee, there's a strict list of who it would be naughty to give a present to or receive a present from during the holiday season.
It's great to donate money to starving children overseas and to support charities, hospitals and rescue animals. But there are times when there is nothing wrong with turning inward and helping people, even fellow federal workers and retirees, closer to home, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. Like now...
This is one of those very special warm and fuzzy holidays so today Senior Correspondent Mike Causey gets about as warm and fuzzy as you would like. And don't worry, it's OK if the kids see this column.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Council of Prison Locals Northeast Regional Vice President Phil Glover talks about the dedication of Bureau of Prisons workers during Superstorm Sandy while AFGE General Counsel David Borer discusses TSA workers' ratification of the first-ever collective bargaining agreement with the agency. Alliance for American Manufacturing Executive Director Scott Paul and AFGE Federal Emergency Management Agency Local 4060 President Robert Autrey also appear.