Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
Host Derrick Dortch hosts a roundtable discussion of a new initiatiave to help transitioning veterans find jobs once they leave the military.
December 7, 2012(Encore presentation December 21, 2012 & December 28, 2012)
Tags: hiring , Veterans hiring , Vet Net , Carrie Laureno , Google for Veterans , Google , Kevin Schmiegal , Hire our Heroes , U.S. Chamber of Commerce , Brian Stann , Hire Heroes USA , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National Council of SSA Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski discusses a series of nationwide protests against Social Security cuts as part of the fiscal cliff negotiations. With more on the fiscal cliff, former Clinton White House spokesman Bob Weiner reacts to the GOP counteroffer. Bill Fletcher Jr. addresses union myths with his book, "They're Bankrupting Us!: And 20 Other Myths About Unions."
Witold Skwierczynski of the AFGE National Council of Social Security Administration Field Operations Locals talks about today's SSA demonstration. Travis Howerton discusses the National Nuclear Security Administration's plans to launch its own social network. Jeremy Herb of The Hill details the Defense Bill just passed by the Senate.
The next couple of weeks will be make or break time for federal workers and retirees as Congress flounders for a way to put the brakes on before the government goes off the infamous fiscal cliff. Among the endangered species: your future retirement benefits, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.
In a hiring pool where NSF has to compete with academia and high-profile companies for staff from the STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) fields, branding is everything, particularly the brand name of NSF and the federal government.
Air Force senior leaders assigned themselves several tasks after a summit on cyberspace in mid-November. But the service's role in cyberspace also awaits forthcoming guidance from the military's top leadership on the future of U.S. Cyber Command.
On Friday, the Senate passed a bipartisan bill updating the Hatch Act, the law that restricts the political activities of federal employees.
Multiple current and former Forest Service employees say they've faced sexual harassment and physical assault while on the job, and some have lost their positions for speaking up. Now, they are fighting back by filing a class action EEOC complaint for unfair treatment. The Agriculture Department, the parent agency of the Forest Service, says it is tackling a history of discrimination with more training and accountability as part of a cultural transformation program.
Tags: USDA , Joe Leonard , Forest Service , Elaine Vercruysse , Debra Roth , Shaw Bransford & Roth , Jonel Wagoner , Alicia Dabney , Lesa Donnelly , USDA Coalition of Minority Employees , EEOC , civil rights , discrimination , Jolie Lee , exclusive
Neal Schiff and Carol Tschudy from the Society of FBI Alumni, and Brad Benson from the Society of Former Special Agents, will talk about the work being done by their organizations.
November 30, 2012
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Public Policy Director Jacque Simon discusses the fiscal cliff's potential impact on federal employees. Common Cause President and CEO and former Congressman Bob Edgar (D-Pa.) and Economic Policy Institute Research and Policy Director Josh Bivens also discuss what a fiscal cliff deal might look like.