Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: workforce
'Tis the season of Secret Santas, white elephant gifts and good will toward office coworkers. But if you're a federal employee, there's a strict list of who it would be naughty to give a present to or receive a present from during the holiday season.
It's great to donate money to starving children overseas and to support charities, hospitals and rescue animals. But there are times when there is nothing wrong with turning inward and helping people, even fellow federal workers and retirees, closer to home, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says. Like now...
This is one of those very special warm and fuzzy holidays so today Senior Correspondent Mike Causey gets about as warm and fuzzy as you would like. And don't worry, it's OK if the kids see this column.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Council of Prison Locals Northeast Regional Vice President Phil Glover talks about the dedication of Bureau of Prisons workers during Superstorm Sandy while AFGE General Counsel David Borer discusses TSA workers' ratification of the first-ever collective bargaining agreement with the agency. Alliance for American Manufacturing Executive Director Scott Paul and AFGE Federal Emergency Management Agency Local 4060 President Robert Autrey also appear.
Steve Caldeira, president and CEO of the International Franchise Association talks about an initiative to help veterans as they transition into a civilian economy.
November 16, 2012(Encore presentation November 23, 2012)
Miriam Nisbet, director of the Office of Government Information Services and Rick Blum from the Sunshine in Government Initiative, will discuss a new tool that agencies can use to process Freedom of Information requests.
November 20, 2012
Miriam Nisbet from the Office of Government Information Services and Rick Blum from the Sunshine in Government Initiative, will talk about a new portal that will help agencies with Freedom of Information Act requests.
November 16, 2012
Fred Hochberg, the Export-Import Bank president told The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp that unlike other agencies, his agency has been able to pay money to the government rather than take money from the government.
Forget about the recession in Europe, the civil war in Syria, high-level romances and tons of emails from a general to a pal. It is time to get up close and personal and ask the all-important question: Are federal workers going to get the day off on the Monday before Christmas? Inquiring minds want to know, Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says.