Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: whistleblower
The federal government has joined a whistleblower's lawsuit against a major defense contractor in Iraq.
Federal employees increasingly perceive less agency wrongdoing but that doesn't necessarily mean the threat of retaliation for reporting such misconduct has similarly decreased, according to a new Merit System Protection Board report.
Employees in the intelligence community (IC) who report waste, fraud and abuse have gained whistleblower protections, under a directive President Barack Obama issued Wednesday. The presidential policy directive aims to ensure intelligence and national security employees are able to legally report agency wrongdoing and be protected from retaliation for doing so.
Providing awards to whistleblowers is key to bringing would-be informants forward. And a record $104 million after taxes payout to former UBS banker Bradley Birkenfeld serves as a billboard to whistleblowers that the IRS is willing to pay out for information that helps catch tax cheaters.
The House voted Friday to significantly expand protections for federal employees who expose fraud, waste and abuse and make it easier to punish supervisors who try to retaliate against the whistleblowers.
Long-time federal prosecutor Robert Storch is the first whistleblower ombudsman at the Justice Department. In this newly-created position, Storch is charged with making sure whistleblower complaints coming into the Office of the Inspector General are reviewed in a timely and proper manner.