Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: weather
The information will be used to track atmospheric threats.
At least one tornado touched down during Thursday's severe weather, according to the National Weather Service.
A coastal flood advisory has been extended until 3 a.m. Wednesday for Alexandria, Arlington, D.C., Fairfax, Falls Church, Manassas, Prince Georges, Prince William and Stafford. The extension also applies to the coastal flood warning for Anne Arundel county.
The Weather Channel says the Washington D.C. area experienced the worst summer weather in the United States in 2010.
Three days after a severe storm swept through the area, leaving what some called a "war zone" in it's wake, most people have their power back.
Pepco customers who are still without electricity can get estimated restoration times.
Tags: Storms , outages , Pepco , Dominion Virginia Power , Baltimore Gas and Electric , BGE , Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative , NOVEC , Southern Maryland Electric Cooperative , SMECO , Joe Rigby , Adrian Fenty
Local communities are working to help everyone stay cool and comfortable in the brutally hot weather conditions.
learn about weather with NOAA's at-home experiments
It's so hot, you can fry an egg - literally. WTOP's Andrew Mollenbeck spent the day testing this theory out.
It could be another record-breaking day as the heat wave continues to raise temperatures and challenge air conditioners with highs today expected to be in the upper 90s.