Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: weather
WFED's Jason Miller describes the new OPM guidance on telework during weather-related closings.
With a forecast that calls for freezing rain Tuesday night, OPM has announced that feds in the D.C. area have the option to take unscheduled leave or telework on Wednesday, for the second day in a row.
The Office of Personnel Management is giving feds the option for unscheduled leave or unscheduled telework on Tuesday due to an approaching storm. OPM says federal employees should talk to their managers now and make plans. OPM also says there is a chance of a delayed arrival on Tuesday if conditions dictate. Federal News Radio will keep you updated with the latest information.
Snow, ice, sleet, freezing rain combine to delay opening federal agencies in the Washington, DC area. The Office of Personnel Management has announced a two hour delayed arrival this morning for employees, who also have the option to take unscheduled leave or telework.
The official start to summer is still 12 days away, but you can't tell that from the temperatures.
Pepco hopes to have the power restored in the District by noon. Some federal and D.C. government offices are closed.
A heat advisory went into effect at noon. The air quality for the day is a Code Orange. You may want to limit your time outside.
Tags: Colleen Kelleher
Look for another afternoon of heavy rain as a storm system hovering over the region moves out.
Tags: Brian van de Graaf