Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: water bills
The federal government, which owns nearly 20 percent of D.C., refuses to pay a new fee to clean up stormwater runoff, one that came about in response to unfunded EPA mandates.
Tags: WASA , Mark Segraves , Environmental Protection Agency , Water and Sewer Authority , National Association of Clean Water Agencies , Nathan Gardner-Andrews , Impervious Area Charge , Treasury Department , EPA , George Hawkins , Susan Poling , stormwater discharge , stormwater runoff , Potomac River , Anacostia River , Chesapeake Bay
Virginia lawmakers passed a bill to give customers at least 20 days to pay up on a past due water bill and at least 10 days written notice before the valves are shut off by a private water company.
A long-running dispute over water rates for out-of-city customers in the Falls Church water system is growing, and Fairfax County is the latest customer asking for a refund.
Tags: Falls Church Water , City of Falls Church Water , water , Utility Bills , utility company , Tysons Corner , Tyson's Corner , Fairfax County Government Center , Barbara Gordon , Providence Hall Apartments , Idlywood Village West Apartments , Tysons View Apartments , Supreme Court of Virginia
The federal government is refusing to pay millions of dollars in water bills, and that means the additional cost will trickle down to the customer. WTOP Investigative Reporter Mark Segraves tells us about what he's learned.